Sunday, May 2, 2010

Walgreens 5-2-2010

I did really great at Walgreens today it could have been better but Walgreens is more complicated than CVS and I am still learning. Walgreens gives money back like CVS it is called Register Rewards. I have learned, the hard way, that you can not use a RR for the same product you got it for, example: you buy crest toothpaste for 2.99 and get 2.99 in RR, you can not use the 2.99RR on crest toothpaste. You must also have the same amount of items per coupon. This gets really confusing at times. Walgreens puts out a monthly coupon book (you can find at the front of the store) and coupons in their weekly ad. You can use those with manufacturer coupons to score some awesome deals. The bad thing is that if you are buying one item example razor for 4.99 with walgreens coupon for 2.00 off and manufacturer coupon for 3.00 (which makes it free) you have 1 item and 2 coupons. You have to buy a "filler item" something cheap about .25 to make the register except both your coupons. This is where I messed up this week I had more coupons than items, oh by the way RR count as coupons. I started with 30.00 in RR from last week. I did 2 checkouts, due to previous RR I wanted to get credit for everything. My first transaction was 33.30 worth of stuff and I paid .84. Woo Hoo!!! My second was 95.17 before coupons, after was 21.98 out of pocket. This is great but I still had 11.00 in RR that the register would not take, this would have made my out of pocket even better, like 9.00. Anyhow I am still happy and I have 21.00 RR for next week. I bought a lot of stuff that did not give RR but was real cheap. Here are some of the deals, pert plus shampoo on sale 1.99, I had 1.50 coupons: made them only .49 (I bought 4). Bic male and female razors on sale 3.99, coupon for 3.00 made them .99 (I bought 6, 3 of each). I know this is a lot but they make great stocking stuffers, presents in gift baskets and I can donate them. Sure deo on sale for 1.50, I had 1.50 coupons made them FREE (I bought 4). With sale and coupons I got mentos gum for .50. Kotex pads for girls 1.00, Nivea body wash .88 and cereal .50 box. All and all very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment