Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mom Day

Well no pics for this but I had a great mother's day on sunday, so great I did not even live the house. The girls made me breakfast in bed. They made a menu and I got to pick what I wanted. I picked waffles, I think that was a good idea because eggs and bacon was a choice and I know they dont know how to cook bacon. Then I laid in bed all morning watching Superman (the original) with the girls trying to explain why it was so slow and the things people were wearing in the movie. It was made the year I was born 1978, I did not realize it was so old. Then Alex made me a grill cheese sandwich with chips for lunch. After that I laid in bed watching Julie and Juliet, it was cute but long. Kinda makes me want to learn to cook french food but I have enough irons in the fire right now. My kids tried to convince me that we all needed to go out for supper so that someone else could cook for me on mothers day.......oddly I (mother) would have had to pay so I cooked supper and invited my mother over. Madalyn was in town so she came also. We had a good ole discussion about being mothers and how since Madalyn is going to school she is no longer a fan of spanking kids. Curious to know why .......I love to hear people with no kids tell me how to raise kids or how people should raise their children.......She would make her points which I have heard before and I made mine from experience. My mother even stated she tried the no spanking with me at first. So after about one hour of this we started to fight...........we got mad.......we gripped to others..........we made up. We agree to disagree about spanking I just hope Madalyn lives fairly close to me when she does have children, Haha. Gotta love family.

1 comment:

  1. I love when the girls play waitress! I miss you guys more and more each post! It sure was sweet of the kids to make you breakfast and lunch.

    I'm glad you and Madi made up!

    ReplyDelete